It‚s like skiing on rails. The Hagan Core binding is a powerful, full-featured binding that is amazingly light on the climb. Several nifty innovations make the Core a polished product with excellent skiing and release properties. A patented system lets the heel-pins rotate about a pivot versus travelling on a flat axis like traditional ‚“U‚ springs. This enables easy step-in with improved retention and release characteristics. The heel housing also rides on a spring, absorbing energy and providing an elastic response to ski flex. Also of note, the climbing risers are very slick! Magnets keep them in place but are easily changed with a flick of the pole. They can be used on either side of the tower, meaning there are fully 5 different height positions. Refinements to the toe piece make the Hagan Core easy to step into and less affected by boot wear. A brake in integrated which stays retracted while touring and deploys in a pinch. Summed up, the Core binding will become a staple of your fleet, ready to tackle the biggest mountains.
- Heel Elastic Response System (E.R.S.) absorbs energy during compressions.
- CAM heel system provides better precision and release with pivoting heel pins.
- Smooth magnetic risers prevent floppin' and can be used in either direction.
- Unique toe brakes stop runaway skis yet won‚t interfere with lateral release.
- Fully adjustable release values range from 5-12 on the ‚“RV‚ scale.
- 30mm of heel adjustment will help you fit a range of boots.
- Integrated crampon receptor will be nice come spring.
|Material||Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Plastic|
|Release Value||5 to 12|
|Brake Width||86mm, 91mm, 97mm, 108mm|